Would you like to work for a busy, well-known and successful car hire company in Telford? If so, then this position could be for you.
SSH Selfdrive have a current vacancy for a skilled Motor Technician for an immediate start.
Based at our offices in Telford, you will be responsible for the general maintenance on all our daily fleet of cars and commercials up to 3.5cwt. You will get the opportunity to carry out servicing and repairs on a range of models, all whilst developing your skills and staying up to date with the latest vehicle technology.
Your remit will be to get vehicles back on the road promptly whilst delivering complete customer satisfaction and working within company safety standards, so you will need to maintain workshop equipment and keep all required paperwork in order.
Your responsibilities as Mechanical Technician will include:
• Carry out general servicing and repairs on a wide range of vehicles.
• Be competent in fast fit repairs i.e. brakes, suspension and exhausts.
• Maintain the highest quality of workmanship.
• Diagnosis of vehicle malfunctions.
• Perform repairs when required providing quality workmanship at all times, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
• To maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures.
• Remove and refit components and carry out related adjustments in accordance with technical standards.
• Deliver excellent customer service.
• Follow all Company Health and Safety Procedures.
• Mechanical service and repairs on all vehicles.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Ideally a NVQ in Motor vehicle technology or City and Guilds part 3
• Excellent customer service
• Clean Driving Licence
• Able to produce high quality work within specified time frames
• The ability to work independently or as part of a busy team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Working Hours are:
• Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:30
• Saturday – If Work Load Requires
Salary is negotiable depending on experience
If you are interested in this position or if you would like more information, get in touch. You can call our office on 01952 427770 or email email@example.com. This is a great opportunity to work for a long-standing and respectable business who take great pride in our work and our team.
We accept the following payment options
All drivers must be aged between 21 and 75 inclusive. Drivers under the age of 23 may only rent vehicles up to Standard category1 and would be subject to a young driver surcharge. Drivers over the age of 70 are also subject to the same surcharge.2
1Standard category is cars up to a 1400cc and small vans (i.e. SWB Transit)
2 Under / Overage drivers surcharge is charged at £10.00 per day PLUS VAT.
All hirers who will be insured to drive South Staffs Hire vehicles must produce a full valid driving licence with their current address (having a current address on your driving licence is a legal requirement); this must be done in person, at the time of collection. No copies of licences will be accepted.
Drivers aged between 23-75 must have held a full driving licence for at least 12 months. Minor licence endorsements up to 6 points are accepted. Major endorsements i.e. UT, DD, DR & IN are subject to insurance clearance and the hire location would need to be informed before reservation is placed. Drivers aged under 23 must have held a licence for at least 24months and be free of major endorsements. (For full clarification please contact office) Minibus rental is only available to renters over the age of 25 holding category D1 on their licence.
Insurance is subject to an insurance excess. This excess is the amount that would be left as a deposit at the outset of a hire. The excess this is what the hirer would be liable for in the event of damage occurring to the hire vehicle, different vehicles attract different access levels; these levels are listed on the booking screen. Excess waivers are available.
As well as the full drivers licence the main driver must produce 2 forms of identification i.e. passport, utility bill, (utility bills must be no less than three months old) at least one confirming home address this should match the address on the drivers licence.
Payment is accepted by major credit or debit cards (card payment by 3rd parties is only accepted by prior arrangement. Cash payment is accepted but only if the excess deposit is paid by debit/credit card.
All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel at the start of the hire. Customers may:-
All reservation must be cancelled 24 hours in advance or charges will apply, Charges vary from £25:00 – £50:00 depending on size of vehicle – For further information please ask a member of staff when reserving a vehicle
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE PART OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT