Are you an experienced Car Rental Agent? Due to our continued expansion, we require a Rental Agent / Delivery & Collection Coordinator at our Telford Branch.
Previous experience in the vehicle rental is essential.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this is a demanding role with the key focus being excellent customer service and someone who strives in a very busy environment.
• Effectively serve our customers, providing the highest level of customer service to all customers.
• Ability to plan and prioritise all aspects of delivery and collection of vehicles, ensuring SLA targets are achieved.
• Develop new business / sales leads generation.
• Effectively operate the rental system.
• Complete all rentals, re-rents, reservations and quotations in accordance with company procedures.
• Answer all telephone calls in accordance with company policy.
• Action daily reports.
• Respond to emails.
• Flexible attitude, to ensure all areas of the business is maintained.
• Checking vehicle’s for damage.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Good communication skills both written and oral.
• Ability to work as a team with 100% customer focus.
• Excellent telephone manner is essential.
• Effective communication.
• Passion for customer service.
• Trust & integrity.
• Agility & adaptability.
• Continuous improvement.
• Some driving will be required
We accept the following payment options
All drivers must be aged between 21 and 75 inclusive. Drivers under the age of 23 may only rent vehicles up to Standard category1 and would be subject to a young driver surcharge. Drivers over the age of 70 are also subject to the same surcharge.2
1Standard category is cars up to a 1400cc and small vans (i.e. SWB Transit)
2 Under / Overage drivers surcharge is charged at £10.00 per day PLUS VAT.
All hirers who will be insured to drive South Staffs Hire vehicles must produce a full valid driving licence with their current address (having a current address on your driving licence is a legal requirement); this must be done in person, at the time of collection. No copies of licences will be accepted.
Drivers aged between 23-75 must have held a full driving licence for at least 12 months. Minor licence endorsements up to 6 points are accepted. Major endorsements i.e. UT, DD, DR & IN are subject to insurance clearance and the hire location would need to be informed before reservation is placed. Drivers aged under 23 must have held a licence for at least 24months and be free of major endorsements. (For full clarification please contact office) Minibus rental is only available to renters over the age of 25 holding category D1 on their licence.
Insurance is subject to an insurance excess. This excess is the amount that would be left as a deposit at the outset of a hire. The excess this is what the hirer would be liable for in the event of damage occurring to the hire vehicle, different vehicles attract different access levels; these levels are listed on the booking screen. Excess waivers are available.
As well as the full drivers licence the main driver must produce 2 forms of identification i.e. passport, utility bill, (utility bills must be no less than three months old) at least one confirming home address this should match the address on the drivers licence.
Payment is accepted by major credit or debit cards (card payment by 3rd parties is only accepted by prior arrangement. Cash payment is accepted but only if the excess deposit is paid by debit/credit card.
All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel at the start of the hire. Customers may:-
All reservation must be cancelled 24 hours in advance or charges will apply, Charges vary from £25:00 – £50:00 depending on size of vehicle – For further information please ask a member of staff when reserving a vehicle
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE PART OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT